Bank of American Fork is sponsoring two free seminars for contractors and subcontractors. Details are as follows:
Utah Lien Law Changes: Vital Skills for Protecting Rights in the New State Construction Registry (contractor focus)
Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011
9:00-10:30 a.m. in American Fork
12 noon – 1:30 p.m. in Riverton
New Utah lien laws place new and additional burdens on all buildres to protect their lien rights and manager lien rights of subcontractors and suppiers. Bank of American Fork is offering exclusive training for use of the New State Construction Registry (SCR), including:
– Which projects are controlled by the new SCR and which are controlled by the old SCR
– New rules builders must follow to protect their lien rights
– How to serach and find land Tax ID numbers required for new SCR notices
The seminar will be taught be Dana Farmer, an attorney with Smith Knowles. Breakfast or lunch provided. RSVP today.
Bank of American Fork’s Contractor Lien and Bond Seminar (subcontractor focus)
Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2011
4-7 p.m. at Cabela’s, Lehi
Many changes to Utah Lien and Bond law place new burdens on contractors to protect their rights. In order to know how you are affected and what you must do to protect yourself, attend the Bank of American’ Fork’s Contractor Lien and Bond Seminar. You will learn:
– How to protect your rights in the new State Construction Registry
– How to search and find land information vital to filing mandatory pre-liens
– Tips for getting paid and collecting money owed to you.
The seminar will be taught be Dana Farmer, an attorney with Smith Knowles. Dinner provided. RSVP today.