On Thursday, December 12, Bank of American Fork and CEObuilder will be hosting the event: What is the state of your written agreements? What you don’t know can hurt you. This topic will be presented by Damian C. Smith, attorney and partner at TechLaw Ventures. Following presentation, CEObuilder participants will be able to engage in a discussion and Smith will field questions. CEObuilder events are open to anyone and can help chief executive officers to develop the skills they need.
If you ever plan to sell your company, or take on a joint venture partner, or solicit investment in your company, you will be required to make key representations or warranties pertaining to the strength of your company’s legal position in a number of areas. Consider:
• Ownership of intellectual property
• Your rights in agreements with customers
• Strength of vendor commitments
• Employee retention
• Security interest in goods sold on credit
• Quality of forms
• Compliance with your company’s benefit plan
Smith will address some of the following questions, in addition to fielding questions from the group:
• What is the purpose of written agreements?
• Is an attorney important in this process?
• How do you prepare for due diligence?
• How do you fix a deficient written agreement process?
• What are some common mistakes?
• How do you increase good customer activity through proper written agreements?
The event will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Bank of American Fork Riverton Branch, 2691 West 12600 South, Riverton. To RSVP, go to the event on our website, and select RSVP.
Content should not be considered legal advice from Bank of American Fork.