With Bank of American Fork’s online banking, users can connect their online accounts directly to QuickBooks. DirectConnect retrieves a user’s statements and uploads them into QuickBooks directly, ready for reconcile at the user’s convenience.
You may want to consider this service if you’re the type of business owner who
• Works with a financial institution that supports DirectConnect.
• Has online banking.
• Has a high-speed, constant Internet connection.
• Prefers that QuickBooks do most of the work, including retrieving more than one statement in a single session.
• Doesn’t mind paying a small fee to financial institutions that support DirectConnect.
Using QuickBooks DirectConnect requires a one-time setup by the bank and user. First, users need to do the set-up on their end right in QuickBooks. On Bank of American Fork’s end, we need to active you. Call 800-815-BANK and ask to be activated for online banking to connect directly to QuickBooks.
1. Choose Banking >Online Banking >Set Up Account for Online Services.
2. Click the Select your QuickBooks account drop-down arrow, select the QuickBooks account that will connect to the Financial Institution (FI), and then click Next.
3. Click the Enter the name of your Financial Institution (FI) drop-down arrow and select the FI for this account, and then click Next. This is where you will need to add Bank of American Fork as one of your financial institutions. You will need to use your Bank of American Fork online banking login details for this step.
4. Select the Direct Connect option (if displayed) and click Next.
5. Select Yes, my account has been activated for QuickBooks online services and click Next.
6. Enter the Customer ID, Password and Confirm Password to sign in to the FI.
7. Click Sign In. QuickBooks will connect to the bank’s server to download bank data for the selected account.
8. Select the account you want to connect to QuickBooks.
9. Click Finish after the download completes. You have successfully activated online banking.
On Bank of American Fork’s end, we will need to active your account for this service. Call 800-815-BANK and ask to be activated for online banking to connect directly to QuickBooks.
Here’s the full how-to from QuickBooks: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/articles/HOW12423.