As part of our previous blog post on saving money on date night, we did a Facebook giveaway contest. Congratulations to Rachel, the winner of the contest and recipient of a Visa® gift card!
Check out some of our customers’ creative tips and strategies for saving money on date night.
At the beginning of January, we used our blog and social media channels to ask our customers the following question: How do you save money on date night? We received dozens of responses to this question that we felt would be valuable to the rest of our customers. So we’ve written a follow-up article on this subject covering some of our favorite date-night money-saving tips we received!
Ideas for staying at home for date night
While there are a number of things you can do for date night without actually going “out”, here are some of our favorite ideas for cost-effective date nights at home.
- Ask a friend or family member to take the kids for a couple hours so you can be alone
- Invite friends over for a game night
- A Redbox® movie with takeout dinner
- Find a recipe online of one of your favorite dishes at a restaurant and make it together
- Make a dinner at home and have an enlightening evening of conversation
- Watch a Netflix® movie and make your favorite dessert
Using discounts and coupons
Here are some creative ideas for using various discount options and coupons to help manage date-night costs.
- Purchase memberships or seasonal passes so you can go places multiple times
- Use coupons for restaurants, movie theaters and other activities
- Go to discount movie theaters in your area
- Take advantage of $5 movie Tuesdays offered by various local theaters
- Buy value mugs and popcorn buckets so movie treats are cheaper each time you go
- Use local discount cards available in your community
- Utilize veteran, senior or student discounts if you are eligible
Doing outdoor activities can sometimes be a cost-effective alternative to indoor activities. Here are some examples from our customers.
- Go for a ride in the mountains
- Go to the park and play a sport
- Have a picnic
- Go for a hike
- Go for a bike ride
Consider the following tips to save money on date night:
- Ask family members or older children to babysit to avoid expensive babysitting costs
- Go to drive-in movies during the summer (these are usually cheaper and come with two movies)
- Share food when possible. Some couples will just order one dessert to share
- Go on afternoon dates while the kids are in school
- Go to dollar movies and use dollar menus
- Don’t eat out the rest of the week so you can on date night
We’d like to thank everyone who participated and shared their ideas on this subject. We hope our customers find this information valuable, and that it can help you in your efforts to save money on date night and make the most of your finances!
To see the complete lists of ideas, be sure to check out our Facebook page.
Enter for a chance to win a $50 VISA® gift card towards your next date night! To enter, you must:1. 'Like' our…
Redbox and its associated logos are trademarks of Redbox Automated Retail, LLC.
Netflix is a registered trademark of Netflix, Inc.
VISA® is a federally registered trademark of Visa.